korean rice bowl
It looks like a stir-fry, it tastes like a stir-fry, but it’s a whole lot easier and a lot less mess! The entire dish is steamed, making it fresh and light. It’s also super speedy to make; if you start with boiling water you can have this delicious meal on the table in less than 20 minutes.
+ dairy free
3 garlic cloves, peeled
3cm piece ginger, peeled
1 long red chilli, halved (optional)
30g toasted sesame oil
400g beef rump steak, thinly sliced
80g dark soy sauce
800g boiling water
300g medium-grain white rice
2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
200g snow peas, ends trimmed
1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
Kimchi-kraut (see page 236) or kimchi, to serve
Sesame seeds, to serve
- Place garlic, ginger and chilli in TC bowl, chop for 5 seconds, speed 5. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil, sauté for 5 minutes, 100°C, speed 1.
- Add beef and soy sauce, mix for 1 minute, 100°C, reverse speed 1. Transfer to a bowl.
- Without cleaning TC bowl, add 800g boiling water. Place rice in steamer basket and rinse under running water. Insert in TC bowl. Place steaming tray on top and fill with marinated beef – some of the marinade will drip down onto the rice. Steam for 6 minutes, steaming temperature, speed 3.
- Add carrot, snow peas and capsicum to steaming tray and combine with beef using tongs. Steam for a further 5 minutes, steaming temperature, speed 3.
- Check rice, beef and vegetables are cooked. If not, steam for a further 2 minutes, steaming temperature, speed 3.
To serve, divide rice, beef and vegetables among 4 bowls. Top with kimchi-kraut or kimchi and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
recipe from: Everyday Thermo Cooking