Benefits of Coconut Oil and Weight Loss
Despite common belief, unrefined virgin coconut oil is an extremely healthy addition to the diet and will not make you fat. In fact eating coconut oil may lead to weight loss. How?
- Virgin coconut oil provides nourishment to every cell in the body and helps to balance hormones. This results in a better functioning body and fat burning;
- It is sent straight to the liver and does not circulate in the bloodstream meaning coconut oil does not contribute fat to the fat cells;
- It has fewer calories than other forms of fat;
- It is more easily digested than other forms of fat, such as butter and animal fats;
- It speeds up metabolism; and
- Eating healthy fat like coconut oil provides satisfaction that keeps you feeling fuller for longer.
Scientists at McGill University projected that a person could lose between 5 and 16 kilograms a year by simply including virgin coconut oil in their diet. It may sound strange, but you have to eat fat to lose fat. Just make sure that the fat is high quality, unrefined virgin coconut oil.
Incorporate unrefined virgin coconut oil in your daily diet by using one to four tablespoons a day in your cooking, smoothies or eaten straight. We recommend Loving Earth’s coconut oil available on The TM Shop, however coconut oil can be purchased from most health food stores. It is important to purchase only high-quality virgin coconut oil, which is often not available from general supermarkets.
Reference: Gursche, S 2008, Coconut Oil: Discover the Key to Vibrant Health, Book Publishing Com