What better recipe for December than celebratory Christmas chutney? With the spicy flavours of ginger, allspice, cinnamon and cloves, this chutney is the perfect accompaniment to roast meats and cheese. Made with dried fruits this recipe requires only 30 minutes cooking time, making it a delicious yet simple edible Christmas gift.
MAKES 2 CUPS
VEGETARIAN, VEGAN, DAIRY FREE, GLUTEN FREE
5cm knob ginger, peeled
1 onion, peeled and halved
1 granny smith apple, quartered and cored
200g prunes, pitted
200g dried apricots
200g dates, pitted
150g apple cider vinegar
50g brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp allspice
1 tsp cinnamon, ground
½ tsp cloves, ground
- Place ginger in TM bowl, grate for 5 seconds, speed 8.
- Add onion and apple, grate for 4 seconds, speed 5.
- Add prunes, apricots and dates, chop for 3 seconds, speed 7. Scrape down sides.
- Add apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, salt, allspice, cinnamon and cloves, mix for 10 seconds, speed 4.
- Cook for 30 minutes, 100o C, reverse speed 1, MC removed.
Serve with roast meats, cheese or savoury pastries.