22 Jan, 2015 · · Food
How to make the perfect Thermomix green smoothie
22 Jan, 2015 · · Food
THERE’S DEFINITELY AN ART TO MAKING THE PERFECT GREEN SMOOTHIE — YOU JUST NEED SOME INSIDER INFO TO GET YOU STARTED! FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES TO MAKE SURE YOUR SMOOTHIES HAVE THE BEST FLAVOUR, TEXTURE AND CONSISTENCY POSSIBLE, EVERY TIME.
- If you’re using nuts, seeds, grains, or other ingredients that need to be milled, process them first. Place in DRY TM bowl and mill for 30 seconds, speed 9.
- Then add something frozen such as ice cubes, a halved frozen banana, frozen berries, frozen mango, or cubes of frozen nut mylk. This is essential for both consistency and temperature.
- Next, add something creamy, like banana, mango, avocado, coconut milk/cream, or yoghurt. If your creamy ingredient is also your frozen thing, like a frozen banana, you can skip this step.
- Add your leafy greens, such as spinach, lettuce, bok choy, kale, or beet or celery leaves. Use about 1 handful per serving.
- Add your vegies next (if using). This may be a small amount of beetroot, carrot, celery, or fennel, but only a little bit, especially if it is fibrous (too much can make for an overly thick smoothie).
- Fruit comes afterwards: a quartered apple, stone fruit, papaya, pineapple, watermelon, or any fruit of your choosing. Again, if your frozen ingredient is fruit, you can skip this step.
- Add your sweeteners and superfoods (if using), which could be honey, maple syrup, coconut sugar, purple corn extract, cacao powder, green powder, bee pollen, protein powder, algae, vitamin C powder, etc. The sweeter the fruit you have used, the less necessary additional sweeteners will be.
- Add 50g of liquid, which could be almond mylk, coconut milk, coconut water, fruit juice, chia mylk or just plain old water. Pulverise for 30 seconds, speed 9.
- Finally, set timer for 1 minute, speed 9, while slowly adding more liquid over the MC. Blend for the entire 1 minute. Check the consistency, and if it’s too thick, add more liquid and mix for a further 20 seconds, speed 9.
SO THERE YOU HAVE IT: SUPER HEALTHY, QUICK-FIX AND INCREDIBLY EASY – THESE GREEN SMOOTHIES ARE WHAT THE ALYCE ALEXANDRA PHILOSOPHY IS ALL ABOUT. ENJOY.
Want some Thermomix smoothie recipes? Our cookbook ‘miniseries: super healthy‘ has heaps!