low carb thermo granola
I know some people love a sweet breakfast, and while there are plenty of sweet options most of these lack all-important protein and are loaded with carbs and sugar, which is not a great way to start the day. This recipe uses high-protein nuts and seeds to create a delicious sweet granola the whole family will love. If you are on a low-carb diet this recipe is about to become your new best friend!
+ gluten free
+ dairy free
+ low carb
Makes 6 cups
1 vanilla bean, halved
60g xylitol (or coconut sugar)
100g coconut oil
50g sunflower seeds
50g pumpkin seeds
50g shredded coconut
30g sesame seeds
30g chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Place almonds, hazelnuts and macadamias in TM bowl, chop for 1 second, speed 6. Set aside.
- Without cleaning bowl, add vanilla bean and xylitol, mill for 20 seconds, speed 9.
- Add coconut oil, melt for 3 minutes, 100°C, speed 2.
- Add chopped nuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, shredded coconut, sesame seeds and chia seeds. Mix for 20 seconds, reverse speed 3. Spread mixture evenly on two lined baking trays.
- Toast in the oven for 10 minutes. Stir and continue to toast for a further 10 minutes, or until caramelised.
Allow mixture to cool and store in an airtight jar.FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OUR LOW CARB THERMO COOKBOOK