Steamed Chicken Salad w. Asian Flavours
This free recipe is a simple yet delicious meal that’s perfect for warm weather, when you want to be sitting outdoors and not coupled up in the kitchen. It is full of great flavours and textures, all while being dairy free, gluten free and low carb. A great meal on the go, this salad is designed to be served cold, making it perfect for taking leftovers. Adjust the chilli to taste to ensure that it’s suitable for the whole family.
DAIRY FREE, GLUTEN FREE
100g cashews, roasted
1 lime, juice and rind
10g coconut sugar
60g olive oil Salt, to taste
20g fish sauce
1 lemongrass stem, ends trimmed and chopped into 1cm pieces
4cm knob ginger, peeled
3 garlic cloves, peeled
1 large red chilli, halved and seeds removed
3 chicken breasts, skinless
200g bean sprouts
1 cucumber, sliced into matchsticks
2 carrots, peeled and sliced into matchsticks
Handful fresh mint, leaves only
- Place cashews in TM bowl, chop for 1 second, speed 5. Set aside.
- Without cleaning bowl, add lime juice, sugar, 30g olive oil and salt, mix for 20 seconds, speed 4. Set aside.
- Again, without cleaning bowl, add fish sauce, lime rind, lemongrass, ginger, garlic, chilli and remaining olive oil. Process for 10 seconds, speed 9. Scrape down sides and process for a further 20 seconds, speed 9.
- Rub mixture over chicken and place in lower Varoma steaming tray.
- Place 500g water into TM bowl and steam for 25 minutes, Varoma temperature, speed 3. Meanwhile, toss the sprouts, cucumber, carrots and mint together with lime dressing and divide between 4 bowls.
- Once chicken is cooked, thinly slice and divide between the salad bowls.
Serve sprinkled with cashews.