Thermo White Choc and Macadamia Cookies
Valentine’s Day is fast approaching, and we believe it is an opportunity to celebrate all love – not just the romantic kind, but love for friends and family also!
So how about cooking your loved ones a batch of our delicious white choc and macadamia cookies? We think these make the perfect edible gift and, unlike chocolate, won’t melt in the February heat! This recipe makes 30 cookies, so there are plenty to go around.
200g macadamia nuts, unsalted
200g butter, room temperature
100g raw sugar
80g brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
300g plain flour
½ tsp baking powder
200g white chocolate buttons
- Place nuts in TM bowl, chop for 2 seconds, speed 5. Set aside.
- Without cleaning TM bowl add sugars, butter and vanilla, mix for 1 minute, speed 4.
- Add eggs, mix for 10 seconds, speed 4.
- Add flour and baking powder, mix for 10 seconds, speed 3.
- Add nuts and chocolate, knead for 2 minutes, interval speed.
- Lay out 2 large sheets of cling film and place half the dough in the middle of each. Shape into a log and roll up securely by twisting both ends. Repeat with remaining dough. Place in freezer for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Unwrap dough from cling film and use a sharp knife to cut into 1 cm disks. Lay on a lined baking tray and bake for 15 minutes, or until cookies have lightly browned.
Place cookies on a rack to cool before serving.