thermomix caramel slice
A wickedly rich treat that is almost too good to share – lucky this recipe makes a lot! Wrap individual serves in cling film and freeze for super easy lunchbox and on-the-go treats. Simply pack the frozen slice in the morning and by lunchtime it will be defrosted and ready to enjoy (without risk of melting)! Same goes for afternoon tea – simply pull a couple of pieces out at lunch time and defrost on the bench.
200g butter, roughly chopped
100g plain flour
100g brown sugar
75g desiccated coconut
75g rolled oats
1½ tsp baking powder
1200g sweetened condensed milk
60g golden syrup
200g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Place 170g butter in TM bowl, melt for 2 minutes 30 seconds, 100°C, speed 1.
- Add flour, sugar, coconut, oats and baking powder, mix for 15 seconds, speed 4. Scrape down sides.
- Mix for a further 3 seconds, speed 4. Press into a lined slice tin (approximately 20x30x4cm).
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Meanwhile, insert butterfly in clean TM bowl. Add condensed milk, golden syrup and remaining 30g butter, cook for 10 minutes, 100°C, speed 1.
- Pour caramel over hot base and bake for a further 20-25 minutes, or until caramel is golden, bubbling and set. Allow to cool completely.
- When slice is cool, place 100g chocolate in TM bowl, grate for 8 seconds, speed 6.
- Melt for 2 minutes, 50°C, speed 1. Scrape down sides.
- Add remaining 100g chocolate, mix for 2 minutes, 37°C, speed 3. Pour over caramel and leave at room temperature to set. When chocolate is firm but not completely hard (about 5 minutes), cut into individual servings.
Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.SHOP ALYCE'S COOKBOOKS