One of our favourite holiday treats, made easily and deliciously at home. We think these biscuits make the most thoughtful edible gifts, but just remember to make extra for you as it’s near impossible to stop at just one!
Makes 50 biscuits
150g butter, roughly chopped
100g brown sugar
250g golden syrup
3 tsp mixed spice
2 tsp ginger, ground
¼ tsp fine salt
470g plain flour + extra for dusting
½ tsp bi carb soda
- Place butter and sugar in TC bowl, cream for 1 minute, speed 4.
- Add golden syrup, egg, mixed spice, ginger and salt, mix for 10 seconds, speed 4.
- Add flour and bi carb soda, mix for 20 seconds, speed 3, or until mixture comes together. Squeeze dough into a disc shape, wrap in baking mat or cling film and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Roll out dough to 7mm thick on a well-floured surface, flouring rolling pin also. Using cookie cutters, cut out individual biscuits and transfer to a lined baking tray. Repeat with excess dough.
- Bake for 10 minutes for small cookies and 15 minutes for larger ones, or until cookies are just starting to colour. Allow to cool for a minimum 10 minutes before transferring from tray to a cooling rack.