Thermomix Paleo Lime & Pistachio Cake
Naturally, this recipe is from the Paleo section of Recipes from our Cooking School, which means that it’s totally gluten, dairy, refined-sugar and grain free. And lots of protein-rich nuts and sensational superfoods make this sweet treat even more super healthy! If you haven’t tried making or eating a raw vegan cake before, this one is a great place to start.
+ dairy free
+ gluten free
+ vegan (optional)
150g raw almonds
150g medjool dates, pitted
1⁄4 tsp salt
120g pistachios, unsalted
2 limes, juice of 2 and rind of 1 1 vanilla bean
440g raw cashews, soaked overnight, drained and rinsed
100g coconut oil
- Place almonds, dates and salt in TM bowl, chop for 6 seconds, speed 7, or until crumbly. Transfer mixture to the base of a lined 21cm spring form pan. Smooth and press down firmly using wet hands.
- In clean TM bowl, place 60g pistachios, chop for 2 seconds, speed 6. Set aside.
- Place lime rind and vanilla bean in TM bowl, process for 40 seconds, speed 9.
- Add lime juice, cashews, honey and coconut oil, process for 1 minute, speed 8, assisting with spatula.
- Add remaining 60g pistachios, mix for 5 seconds, reverse speed 4, or until combined.
- Pour mixture onto cake base and decorate with chopped pistachio nuts, pressing in lightly. Freeze for 6 hours, or until firm.
To serve, remove cake from freezer, slice and serve immediately with fresh berries or garnished with dried rose petals (pictured).
Variation: For a vegan alternative, replace honey with maple or rice malt syrup.
Chefs’ Tip: If base is too crumbly, moisten with a small amount of water.