thermomix zucchini fritters
The weather is warming up and zucchinis are back! During the summer months they are super cheap to buy and super easy to grow – I always end up with way too many just from two plants! So, you’ve got all those beautiful fresh zucchinis… what are you going to do with them? Zucchini fritters are my preferred pick, as they are just so versatile - serve for breakfast, lunch, dinner or in-between. The fresh herbs keep them fresh and light while the cheese ensures they are moreish and satisfying. Give them a go and let us know what you think!
Happy cooking xx
This recipe first appeared in TMix+ Magazine, devoted to all things Thermomix. Click here to check it out.
600g zucchini, quartered
2 tsp fine salt
150g tasty cheese, roughly chopped
Handful fresh mint
Handful fresh parsley
2 spring onions, halved
80g plain flour
Macadamia oil, for frying
- Place zucchini and 1 tsp salt in TM bowl, chop for 2 seconds, speed 5, or until coarsely grated. Tip out onto a clean tea towel and wring out to release as much liquid as possible. The more liquid you squeeze out, the firmer your fritters will be.
- In a clean TM bowl place cheese, grate for 3 seconds, speed 8.
- Add mint, parsley and spring onions, chop for 2 seconds, speed 8.
- Add zucchini, flour, egg and remaining 1 tsp salt, mix for 20 seconds, reverse speed 3. You want a stiff mixture; if mixture is too wet mix in additional flour.
- Heat a tablespoon of macadamia oil in a large fry pan over medium heat. Add 3-4 large spoonfuls of mixture and flatten slightly with the back of a spatula. Cook for 3 minute each side, or until golden and cooked through. Repeat with remaining mixture adding additional macadamia oil.